Springtime in Porter, TX is right around the corner and with the beautiful weather, also comes a wealth of beautiful homes on the market. More homes mean more competition and sellers are wise to seek any and every advantage afforded to them.
If you’re considering selling your home in 2019, Accurate Insect and Pest Control, TPCL #616331 can help you sell and give you a leg up on your neighboring competition.
You would hate to worry a prospective buyer by having them enter your home only to find a sign of an infestation. Pests have the potential to scare off possible buyers, cause harm to you and your family’s health, or even derail the process of selling your home.
The last thing anyone wants is to jump through the many hoops and obstacles that come with buying and selling a home, only to have it fall apart near the end. Let’s look at a few ways homeowners can protect themselves and their investment using quality pest control.
What Inspectors Look For
Once you’ve survived the sales pitches, found your Realtor, marketed your home, and agreed on a price, the process of selling your home is finally over and the next chapter can begin.
But wait…not so fast.
The crucible of buying a home is a long, yet rewarding one. Both buyers and lenders will perform their due diligence to ensure that this major financial commitment is worth pursuing. Inspections and appraisals can quite literally make or break a deal. Pests, bugs, and heaven forbid, termite damage, can derail a proposed offer, casting uncertainty around your future.
Typically, inspectors are looking for major issues in regards to a home:
- Structural integrity
- Water damage
- Electrical issues
- Wood damage
- Fire damage
While a dead cockroach may not cause your home’s wooden frame to fail, termites and carpenter ants can. It is estimated that termites alone cause over $5 billion in damages every year to American properties.
Proper and timely pest control is key to ensuring your home is protected from unwanted guests.
Eliminating and Preventing Pest Problems
Even the cleanest of homes can be prone to numerous pest infestations. If you discover that your home is not quite ready for showings due to undesired bugs, the best option you have available is to simply call a professional.
Using a trusted professional service to deliver pest control services like Accurate Insect and Pest Control will help you maximize your money and time in the long run. Experts who can deliver long-lasting and consistent treatment to protect your investment both in the short and long term.
While a helpful pest control expert is a key component to protecting your home, here are a few tips that can be implemented to help your home and yard pests under control:
- Keep your construction materials/firewood separated from your living areas. Place any wood piles or attractive wood sources for termites and carpenter ants away from buildings.
- Be sure to include treatments around wooden gardens and fences.
- Monitor trees and fences for signs of potential termites.
- If a portion of wood seems to have paint that is peeling or is similarly stressed in its look, have a closer look. If you do find a problem, tap on these sections of wood, if they are hollow this could be a sign of a termite or other wood destroying insect infestations.
- Spray ant hills and around your entry and exit points.
- Have a home inspection periodically to search for wood damage and water leaks.
- Remove leaky faucets and pipes as termites, carpenter ants, and other pests all love moisture and need water to survive.
- Also, replace materials that may have been damaged by the water.
- Search the base of your home for mud tubes used by termites.
- Keep trash organized and routinely thrown away on schedule. While it is true a clean home is still at risk of pest infestations, discarding any excess food will help eliminate additional food sources for some pests.
- Look for sawdust. Carpenter ants will pull out the wood they destroy and put it outside of their tunnels.
The consistent application of these techniques and assistance of routine pest control from experts like Accurate Insect and Pest Control will ultimately help maximize your investment when selling.
More Money, Less Problems
Even the most diligent homeowner can be compromised by a pest infestation. Many times, pests can remain undetected and silently go about their destructive business. When this occurs and it is time to sell their home, the problem only compounds.
Hiring an expert to deliver pest control services and / or home inspection services is essential when saving time and getting the most out of the sale of your home.
Accurate Home Services is Porter’s leader in home and pest inspections. The professional expertise implemented into preventing and eliminating your pest problems is unparalleled. Whether you are selling your home and want to ensure a quicker close, or simply looking to protect your family and financial investment, contact us today and see how we can help save you time and money.